Non-electric Portable Slow-cooking Bag
Looking for a way to have a hot, healthy meal waiting for you when coming home? Reduce time spent cooking with this bag of hope! This non-electric portable slow-cooking bag uses heat retention to allow food to be slow cooked without a heat source.
Social upliftment initiative: Shop Zero sources its slow-cooking bags from Big Issue entrepreneur Mkhululi Magqabi and provides a market for him to spur livelihood. He sells the Big Issue magazine and his beautifully handcrafted cooking bags opposite the River Club in Observatory, Cape Town. He sews the bags with great care and attention to detail and they come in a variety of vibrant colours and patterns. Read more about his bags of hope here.
Holds pots 2 litres to 4 litres pots in size.
How To Use
- Simply bring your food to the boil on a stove top and let it simmer.
- Then place the pot with its lid into your slow-cooking bag.
- Close the bag tightly with its drawstring and slow cook your meal to perfection for up to 12 hours.
Benefits Of Using Mkhululi’s Slow-Cooking Bag
- Saves money and electricity.
- A safe way of cooking, as it reduces accidents or fire hazards in the kitchen.
- Reduces time spent cooking.
- Perfect for outdoor activities and camping as it’s portable and lightweight.
- Keeps food warm after it’s cooked and can also be used to keep food or drinks cold due to its remarkable insulation properties.
- Can be spot washed or washed on a gentle cycle in a front-loading washing machine.
Actual product colours may vary from colours shown. If you have a colour preference we will try our best to fulfill your wishes and see if Mkhululi is able to source the fabric. After you have placed the product in your shopping cart and on the page where you provide your shipping address, you will find below a box where you can leave an optional “order note.”