Shop Zero™ has officially celebrated their first birthday. Those who have been following them will know that Shop Zero™ has had an online presence since August 2017. Since then they have been ‘hustling’ hard to make Shop Zero™, and what it stands for, accessible to as many people as possible.
Shop Zero’s journey over the last 12 months:
- In October 2017 they crowdfunded and raised R35 000 towards opening Shop Zero™ – thanks again to everyone who believed in the concept. Your names will never be forgotten. Literally, they are printed on Shop Zero’s shelves!
- In September Janneke, Shop Zero’s founder, was joined by Elza and Abi as business partners.
- From November to January, Shop Zero™ had a presence at various Western Cape markets and started selling some of their products via their Facebook Shop, while looking for their perfect shop space.
- In February, Shop Zero™ opened their brick and mortar pop-up shop in Woodstock, Cape Town.
- In April, Shop Zero™ also started trading permanently at the Old Biscuit Mill market on Saturdays.
- In April, Shop Zero™ launched their online store, www.shopzero.co.za, with nationwide delivery of all their lifestyle goods.
- During this time Shop Zero™ also hosted a few workshops in their pop-up shop ranging from Zero Waste Basics, natural DIY Body Products Workshops through to delicious & nourishing Smoothie Bowl Alchemy Workshops, with many more to follow. They even threw in a FREE Zero Waste Workshop in celebration of their 1st birthday.
- Shop Zero™ has also successfully started hosting corporate Zero Waste Workshops – an exciting platform to help incorporate Zero Waste into your home and business. Please don’t hesitate to contact them if you would like to host a Zero Waste Workshop at your business or collaborate on a workshop with them. These events are a great way to learn and interact in a fun and inspirational way.
What’s in store for the next few months?
- We are excited to announce that Shop Zero™ will be opening its permanent Cape Town branch, just down the road from their pop-up shop. From September 2018 you can find Shop Zero at 403 Albert Road, Woodstock (right next to the Old Biscuit Mill). This means the pop-up shop will be closing down to make way for the new shop space.
- Joining them on the premises in their own right is Flourish Bistro: a vegan, plant-based, gluten and refined sugar free bistro. Being a zero waste, plastic-free lifestyle store with vegan pantry essentials and specialty foods as one of Shop Zero’s trademarks, Shop Zero™ and Flourish Bistro are a match made in vegan heaven – plus the food from Flourish Bistro is simply amazing!
- Last but not least, Shop Zero™ will be adding Zero Waste Bulk Product Delivery (food & cleaning products) to their online store (Cape Town only) – with reusable packaging that uses a deposit system and is of course … plastic-free! They are also eagerly awaiting the arrival of their electric scooter, which means they’ll then deliver with zero emissions. This will be an SA first! Watch this space, more details to follow very soon.
And there you have it. We’ll let you digest this all for a while we get back to the business of zero waste. Because we love this planet, and we love helping you look after it!
Until next time,
The Shop Zero™ Team